My DH has been making comments about me needing to clean house..alot.

I do have a bit of trouble cleaning. I don't let the house get disgusting or anything but I always feel exausted. I have an underactive thyroid which drains me but he makes me feel like i'm lazy. The house stays fair but not exactly tidy. What can I do? Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• not the best course of action but when mine gets on my case, I tell him "If it bothers you that much, do it your f***ing self"

are you on meds for your thyroid?
    have you tried b vitamins? they are a natural energy booster.

the fly lady has a great system too. flylady.com
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Like flutterfae said.... why can't he help?? You have a medical condition. What an asshole! Tell him to call me.... I'll tell him a thing or two!

frustrated

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm fixing to get on Synthroid for it and Thanks. I will try the B vitamins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have a medical condition too. We normally split the housework since I work less hours, but lately, I have been so tired I let it slip a little. He starting bitching and I told him "You know where the scrubbing bubbles are" Then just recently he got sick and I started complaining to him that he wasn't pulling his weight and he got the hint.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• is he paralyzed?

You might also ask him if he intends to have "World's Greatest Housekeeper" engraved on your tombstone, and whether the plot is already purchased since he seems intent on sending you there.

There are many important things in life. A clean house doesn't even make the list.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• If you have children that can help you, get them too. He is being a butt,plain and simple. The next time he says something, get up go get a broom, and give it to him,and tell him to have fun. My Mom has the same problem as you , it takes a while for the meds to work, but it does.Do it on your own time, if you feel like it. Take care of you first, and then everything else 2nd unless you have children.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• No one can understand you more than me. My husband is literally danny tanner from full house perfectionist clean. i mean dusting every single thing every day, washing everything all the time, n just scrubbing the house every day clean. except he wants me to do it. anyways, i got pregnant at the very start of my marriage and was tired all the time. n it wasnt until i had my baby that i became as clean as him and as able. pregancy eas just so titing! but i'd try b12 vitamins. i'm thinking of switching to it.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 6:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• He lives there too.You are not his momma.Tell him to help out or stop complaining.If he says he is too tired, then tell him he understands how you feel.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2008