Painful itchy hives....

My 20 year old daughter has been breaking out in hives they don't go on her face but they come on her hands and feet torso legs insides of her arms and backs of her knees, they are painful and itch they come and then go away and come somewhere else the next day, they also come on the soles of her feet and palms of her hands we have tried calamine lotion benedryl nothing is helping, it has been so bad she has cried, she has no insurance, but I will take her to the hospital if nothing else works, we have had a dog for over a year now but have had dogs in the past and she has never been allergic before she has always been around them, we have not used new laundry soap or anything I am getting worried about it, since it comes and goes every day...

StressedOut107

Asked by StressedOut107 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• I break out in hives if I eat fried green tomatoes. I had them a couple of times when I was a kid and didn't get hives until a few years ago. You can become allergic to anything at anytime. The worse case of hives I had I think lasted about two weeks but I have never had hives on the palms of my hands or soles of my feet and benadryl always worked for me. I really think y'all need to go to the doctor. That could be something else.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't know... But,---I doubt it's the dogs. Perhaps, you could try some benedryl. It comes in cream. If you have no insurance you may be able to get some help from social services, depending on your income... I'd make some phone calls to see what you can do.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 11:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Take benedryl pills & put benedryl cream on the hives. If that doesn't help, she may have to go get on steroids. It could be anything causing it. I lived in an apt that gave me hives. Never had them before & haven't had them since.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2010