Tax time

Anyone else looking forward to tax season? Pay off Dr. bills and save up some for a rainy day.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 12:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I LOVE tax time!! Having a home business really helps!
    Foundfreedom

Answer by Foundfreedom at 3:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We won't do anything fun with the money if we get a tax refund.
    We'll pay off any debt we have left and then put the rest towards the emergency fund.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Not really looking forward to it. I like that whatever we get will go into savings. I'm a stickler for saving money.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We never get a return as we have figured out how to NOT let the government hold our money and not pay us interest. Last year we owed $11 which is awesome. Why let someone keep your money and not pay you for it. We like keeping our money to ourselves.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes. We have to replace our furnace. At this point that is likely all that will get done. I have a feeling it is going to be far more expensive than we've been told. We had a lot of things we were going to do but that has changed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Looove tax time it's all going to my pay off debt in 2 years or less plan lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We try not to get much of a return, so, no, I don't look forward to it. That's just one more thing I have to do.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I like it because we do pay off some bills. We already know what the 2011-2013 returns are going for.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We usually use ours for one big project or to pay off debt. It kind of depends on what we have going on. For example, I had a baby in February of this year, and we had our tax return a few days after she was born. We used it to cover my maternity leave and medical bills and still had money in savings for a cushion. This we have a trip planned for my great-grandmother's 100th birthday and the rest is going towards paying off our car.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm really hoping we qualify for the EIC this year since I lost my job in June. It's been so TIGHT, that it would help a HUGE deal.

Anonymous