How much have you spent?

On Christmas? Did you use credit cards? Did you pay cash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Cash about two hundred and I am done with gifts
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We paid cash for everything....the last thing we need is to put us in more debt over christmas lol....but it was 200 on DH 200 on me then 100 on DS. It would have been less then that but we just got an insurance check in because DH was hit at a red light.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I always pay cash. I have three kids and spent 100 on each. I never understood people using C.C and going into heavy debt at Christmas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Credit cards. I did take some cash to wire to my father in the States so he could buy clothes/toys there that I cannot get here. Just because you use plastic to Christmas shop with doesn't mean you'll go into debt.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have paid cash for everything. We spent a little more this year because our DD got sick in August and we had to cancel our vacation. Because we don't know what is wrong with her and we aren't sure about vacations for the next few years we took some of the money we saved for vacation and used it for Christmas. So my kids are getting basically everything they asked for. With that being said they didn't ask for a lot, although when it is all said and done we probably will spend $500.00 on all 3 kids. That is much more than we would normally spend because we try to keep it under $100 per kids normally. I think my DH and I just wanted to make this Christmas extra special for everyone because of all the stress that we have been under. Being in and out of the hospital takes it toll not only on the sick child, but on the whole family.

Merry Christmas!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Oops and spent about 400-500.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't have much money this year. So I just spent someo of the money on my snap card to get stuff to make everyone candy. and I spent 10 onmy daughter a gift. She isonly 2 so she dosen't really care what she gets right now.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 12:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have spent way too much. I thought I had a good budget and list made out but I guess I didn't. I used my debt card to make all of our purchases. I think next year, I will be taking out cash so that I can actually see the money being spent.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Without my credit card we wouldn't be having Christmas this year. I was very happily surprised to find that my credit limit had been raised only about two weeks ago. I've spent almost all the money on Christmas/Birthday gifts, food for Christmas, and Birthday stuff. I have a son turning two right after Christmas so this year we're celebrating his birthday on Christmas too. And for Christmas I only bought what we really needed. I did not buy toys, thankfully my boys are still young and their grandparents give them a lot of that.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have only spent about $100.00 so far. I'm not done though...
    We use cash.
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 6:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010