Is this why???

Is this why the rich should pay more in taxes??

Looks like a good reason to me!!!

Omnibus Earmarks, Part 1 http://wsbradio.com/blogs/jamie_dupree/2009/02/omnibus-earmarks-part-1.html

All the Omnibus's Earmarks http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senators-request-expensive-earmarks_523460.htmlconfused

goodwitch399

Asked by goodwitch399 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is fundamentally transparent that this progressive admin's agenda and priorities, are not beneficial for our country...

Yet, sooooo many on here still blindly follow him, his administration, Pelosi, and Reid with little to no accountability.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Confessions of a greedy politician would be more accurate, YSK.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I did not open your site. I just know you have no right to take money from people who work their ass off.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think I'll write a book...."Confessions of a Greedy Business Owner"....I will go into great detail just how greedy I am...how I want your dollars, dimes and nickels to blow...............should be a best seller!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Why do you refuse to recognize that?

Not refusing to recognize...  Just noting the lack in the accountability, responsibility, and fiscal restraint Obama promised..... Look at what he has done... Neither side can be trusted...  But if you research the pork spending ratio Democrats vs Republicans, I think you will  see Dems are Pork-u-licious....  ;o)  So, Dems sure as hell shouldn't be talking about "draining the swamp", or accountability, or transparency...  Republicans won the house and within the first week of lame duck, they have pissed me off...  Our political system is in for a rude awakening, if ALL Americans would ever WAKE UP...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Republs are just as Pork-u-licious

Have you researched the total Pork Spending Republicans vs Democrats...  If you had, I would think you would know that Dems have out spent Republicans by WIDE margins... Spending needs to be on appropriate bills.  Not tucked into bills in the 'dark of night'...

"In the 2011 House budget, the groups found that House Democrats requested 18,189 earmarks, which would cost the taxpayers a total of $51.7 billion, while House Republicans requested just 241 earmarks, for a total of $1 billion."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes those darned business owners! How dare they work hard and make something of themselves and expect to be able to enjoy their earnings too!

eye rolling

BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I heard them talking about the earmarks on the omnibus bill this morning and about Mitch McConnell (I live in KY and he is one of our senators). He's come out against earmarks and has 1 or some in the bill. They were saying this bill was written back in Feb., before he and a lot of repubs took the no earmark pledge. If that is true (haven't researched it myself) then bringing up all these earmarks from 10 months ago is complete political posturing on the dems side. Why does that NOT surprise me?

Why vote on a 10 month old bill? Why not scrap it and start new? I think I read somewhere that Mitch McConnell wanted to make it a 1 page bill (instead of almost 2000) and fund the gov't thru Feb. 18, 2011 and then reassess things?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It is illegal in this country to steal or commit extortion. Taxing the rich more for the sole reason being that they are rich is extortion and thievery. I have no problem with the rich keeping their money. I would much rather see a larger percentage of our citizens paying taxes. Let's say 90% which allows for the % that is infirmed. Stop class warfare and start being a responsible citizen is what I have to say to those who are living off the tax payers and complaining those of use who pay taxes should pay more so they can have more. It is the most despicable thing I know.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010