Do you prefer to give your money to a charity or a person on the street?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 12:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in

• Charity. But ONLY ones I have researched and I know the majority of money will actually get to the intended recipients.

CharityNavigator.org is an EXCELLENT tool to use!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• To a charity with a proven track record for being able to positively impact the lives of those in need.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 12:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I actually do both. I give to charities like the local food bank, and toys for tots, I have also given to organizations in memory of someone who has passed away. Sometimes I give to a person on the streets. I look at their shoes and what they have on before I give to them. When I give to a person on the street not only have I given money I have also given them food and water.

I guess for me I do whatever feels right!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I rarely give money to people on the street. I give to charities. Sometimes I will pick up a fast food meal and hand that to them. So much of the time the money goes to drugs and alcohol. Another problem is the 'fake' panhandlers. I know in our city around the holidays it gets to be a big issue.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Check out their percentage that actually goes to the people who need it and not just advertising and administrative fees, then give to charity. I don't give to people on the street other than the Salvation Army or similar because of all the fraud and misuse of the money for booze and drugs. My husband often takes them to McD's or Carl's Jr. if they look truly needy and he has the time.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 6:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• charity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Depends on the charity.. But I try and do both
    ReinaLuv

Answer by ReinaLuv at 2:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Both. Depends on the charity.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Charity
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 3:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Charity
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 3:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010