Is it ok to do this?

I was just reading some answers to questions I have posted and there is one response in particular that I disagree with and I was wondering what would occur if I were to tell this woman I think she is a DUMBASS?

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 12:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Well not nice but if she is being a Dumbass then call her one.
    Or just pick one of the words. Dumb or Ass,
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• And the benefit to you telling her that she is a dumbass would be ...?

Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 12:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'd say just keep that little nugget to yourself, calling someone a dumbass won't help the situation. And now I hope that I'm not the one that answered that particular question! :)
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You might get voted down. You might get reported for abuse of TOS. Most likely you'll merely be ignored.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sure, why not? There's nothing wrong with name-calling, right? So when your kid calls the teacher a dumbass, that's ok. And when some bully calls your kid a dumbass, that's ok too. Your kid might really be a dumbass, in the opinion of that bully.

Honestly, do we even need to ask such a question? Is it ok to call someone else a dumbass? Of course not. You're welcome to your opinion of that person as a dumbass, but what would make it appropriate to call names? How juvenile.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon. Calling names because you disagree with someone is completely unnecessary and definitely not the right thing to do.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I dont understand the question.....you want to tell the person who answered they are a dumbass....I dont think its a good idea....i would just ignore it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it is not nice to do. Hehe, sometimes I feel the same. But you have a choice to vote her answer down. There are many times on CM when I wish some people would be cleverer, happier, more tolerant, etc. But well, this is the word we live in. And most of the time the people who have jerk comments write as Anonymus. Which means you can't even tell them how jerk they are. Backbone is not something you get at birth... Mhaw:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it is childish. There have been many comments I haven't liked. I just ignore it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I guess I missed it. I don't see anyone here saying that there is nothing wrong with name-calling. The only thing I see that's even close to that is the poster suggesting that you call her a dumbass anonymously or the anonymous poster using sarcasm to make a point. Or maybe the person offering you other adjectives that mean "dumbass".
    Do you feel a need to be rude? Do you need to call names? Do you need to put others down in order to attempt to lift yourself up? If you can answer no to those questions, then you might want to consider a better way.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 12:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010