Do you think its ok to eat salsa thats been left out over night?

There's no meat in it, just tomatos jalepenos, onions, etc. I left it out overnight, and put it in the fridge in the AM, and now I'm eating it again. I don't have a problem with it, but my husband is freakin out. Lol So, do you think its ok? Or no?

ndbigler

Asked by ndbigler at 3:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Bacteria is tricky, but I would think with the high level of acidic content it would be okay. Just depends on your personal preference.
    firstimemom4049

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I do know that there was no double dipping with this salsa. So, I was guessing I'd be just fine. Thanks for the answer!
    ndbigler

Answer by ndbigler at 3:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• What if you had an all day party and it was out the whole time? You would still let people eat it. I don't recommend it, but my brother and I used to eat the left over onion dip after one of my parents' parties. That would be about 6 a.m. We are both still hear and never suffered.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Was the house air conditioned to where the food didn't get too hot? I keep my apt pretty cool and I leave food out all the time with no problem. I would not do it if the food had mayo or eggs in it but salsa is fine imo. Ole!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I'd eat it. :)
    MaddsMom728

Answer by MaddsMom728 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Well, I get sick easily on things that are left out, however, my husband and his mother leave things out all the time and eat it. They must have cast iron stomachs, lol. Just depends on your immune system.
    happy2BAmom80

Answer by happy2BAmom80 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I went to a University of a famous fast food restaraunt, and I learned food that is left uncovered for more than 2 hours will form bacteria on it..I would trash it....gross!!
    Anonymous

• OH MY GOODNESS! I DO THAT ALL THE TIME! ITS OK! OK YES-BACTERIA GREW SOME-BUT YOUR BODY CAN HANDLE IT! IF IT DONT TASTE BAD OR DIFFERENT ITS OK TO EAT! JAHA! SMILES! ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2008