Getting irregular contractions...any ways i can get a move on and make them regular?

Im 39 weeks pregnant.
Ive been getting irregular contractions since i lost my bloody show on thursday night. They have been on and off. Ive been to the hospital, they've monitored me and noticed ive been getting lots but like i said, they arnt regular. They have told me to try and keep active around the house as that may help to make them regular and once they are, to then go in. Are these any other ways i can get labour started a lot quicker? Im getting really fed up of these contraction and want them to start getting regular and normal. They've been like this for 4 days now!!!

Thanks ppl :)

Stanzi

Asked by Stanzi at 1:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The best thing to jump start labor is SEX! it rly does work and is completely safe! however if you are just too uncomfortable do some walking and cleaning around the house.
    peytiebug211

Answer by peytiebug211 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If your body is not ready nothing will do it. I had contractions on and off for 4 weeks. Just keep your self busy and enjoy the last few days of pregnancy. Before you know it baby will be here. Not much longer.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/natural-ways-to-induce-labor.html
    This page lists all the natural things you can do to help induce labor. I never tried any of it, but it may help if you're ready to go.
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 2:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010