Do you have a dog? And be honest, does your house stink?

What kind of dog do you have? How's the shedding?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Yes I have a dog and yes it stinks..... its not horrible by any means but you can definitly tell a dog lives there.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I use to have an inside Golden Retriever. He didn't stink that bad, but the shedding was terrible. I just sprayed febreeze on our furniture. There was aslo a pet spray I used on him.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well unfortunately we don't have him anymore but we had a black lab mix and he really didn't shed at all. I never noticed that my house smelled but we kept him bathed at least once a week and I actually asked everyone who came to my home if it had a dog odor and they all said no.
    gruntwife0331

Answer by gruntwife0331 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes, and yes, but no from shedding but she's a puppy and is not getting that you don't pee and/or poop under the dining table at night. During the day she's good and uses the pet door and goes outside but at night.....well, I guess she's afraid of the dark LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have a German Shepard, and she smells horrible!! We give her a bath every week but she is just a stinky dog! She has her own bed and I wash that every week too. I have to vacuum the house everyday, because the hair.. Usually the house does not smell bad because i am a freak about it, but sometimes yes it does smell like Dog!!!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 1:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• 2 dogs large lab and toy chiuaua, yes they shed. I replaced carpet with hard wood a few years ago and it helps.I also have a humidifier for rainy days, it eliminates wet dog smell. Honestly I don't think myhouse stinks I use to worry before and spent money on air freshener and carpet cleaner.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't anymore, but I used to have a Shih Tzu. Shih tzu's don't shed, but they have to be groomed regularly. My house never stunk.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, I have a dog. No, my house doesn't stink. Most people are surprised to learn a dog lives in the house. But, she is a mini-pomeranian who is an indoor dog. She goes outside to potty and play and for walks. But, lives indoors. She gets a regular bath once a week. As for shedding, she loses her downy undercoat every summer. At shedding time, I just brush her every day while watching tv to keep the hair issue to a minimum.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have 2 dogs and no it does not stink....they have to stay outside because of our lease. I have a boxer...not bad with the shedding and then i have a beagle lab mix....and man does that dog loose a lot of hair but he is the best dog i have ever had.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes and yes but not from the dog. I have one kitty that has urinary tract issues from being fixed and thus he has litter box issues. *sigh* Every time we take Pepper out, we dry her feet and keep a pack of baby wipes to wipe her down so it keeps the puppy smell out. She only goes out with us on a leash so she doesn't really get that icky wet dog smell.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010