TOYS

Do your kids share toys or do they belong to that one kid??
I've heard people say sisiter/brothers toy and things like that.

we have a toy room and everything is in there. the boys have a few special things in their room but all trucks,books,ect is for everyone to enjoy in the toy room.
At their Birthday parties I understand it was given to them but as a family we share.
( OS is 7y older so,I understand if age gap is large)
how is it in your home??

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 1:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have three children and they all share.
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My daughter is an only child, but when we were kids, we all shared a room (I grew up with my 1 older and 3 younger siblings.) We had out own things, but it's hard to keep things separate. Mostly we shared, or we hid it.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 2:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have one child so they are his toys.....but they did not belong to him before they entered the playroom. I was a therapist and specialized in working with children and families. When he was old enough he had all my toys from my practice as a clinician. I am now returning back to work with kids again and need theraputic toys for my office. Not all toys have theraputic value so I need only the ones that will benefit my patients. The result: he knows I am thinning out his playroom....just in time to make way for Christmas gifts. My thoughts on sharing and siblings: if it's in the playroom it is shared property. Special items can go in the bedrooms. Or to each have a box that belongs just to them - if it is just a "mine" toy it needs to not be out for communal play. If we have another child the playroom is shared property - just my two cents.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010