How can get my husband stop using the N--- around me?

My husband is such an ass about black people. One of my best friend is married to a man that is half white and half black. When we get into argument- he called her a N-------- lover. I freaking hate that. what is the hell is wrong with him. the thing is his last girlfriend before he married was black.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Really this should have been a red flag to you before you started dating him, it's hard to change people.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He is ignorant. When you are not arguing, try pointing out that that is not appropriate and not relevant to the argument.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sounds like your husband has issues with race. This isn't something you can fix, he has to want to correct his attitude.

One thing you CAN do, is consistently reject his bad behavior. Don't ignore it, or let it pass without a negative response from you -- even if small. Try to respond, not from a place of anger, but from a firm position that indicates you love him, but do not accept this behavior...like you would a child. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Is he unconsciously thinking of his past relationship in a negative light? Did he get hurt by his ex? It is not an excuse for his behavior at all but maybe that's why he's being so ignorant.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• HE IS NOT A NICE MAN.....THE NEXT TIME HE CALLS HER A n------- LOVER THEN YOU SHOULD CALL HIM ONE 2....IF HE DATED/MARRIED A BLACK WOMAN THEN WHAT DOES THAT MAKE HIM...REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPEN BETWEEN HIM AND HER. BUT MAKE SURE YOU BE SAFE CAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE HE MAY HAVE A TEMPER.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010