When are fears instincts and not you trying to sabotage yourself?

So I've been dating this guy for just over a month. I really like him, and he's the nice guy we heard about as little girls....

Part of me feels like running away as fast as my feet will take me. He's cute, amusing, sweet, kind, treats my daughter well, and can carry a conversation. He makes me feel amazing, like I'm the best thing in the entire world. Still, my older sister finds him annoying, and my best friend (who's seen the real person under the fake in every single one of my relationships) says there is something off about him, and that she doesn't see us lasting. Part of me feels like I need to walk away before we get more involved... The other part of me doesn't want to run before I see what's going to happen.

Advice?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 2:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes you don't see the "real" person until months have passed. What your friend and sister see may not matter to you in the long run. It's a decision only you can make. Try looking at him like your sis or friend do, without your love blinders on, and see what it is they see.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Take it one day at a time. Try to see the real person while taking your time and making your own decision. Sometimes friends have good advice and sometimes its just advice. I have learned that I have to make the decisions myself without asking others, or my view may be skewed... you know? Good luck.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree with the pp, you're not going to get to know the real person if you run now. Sometimes friends are wrong.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sometimes lust can put blinders on you. Maybe your friends are seeing something you don't? If you have a "feeling" I would be careful to listen to it. Take things SLOW
    airmanswifey02

Answer by airmanswifey02 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Run now and don't look back. Trust your friends and the little voice inside of you. Something is wrong. Stop trying to make that go away. No need to figure it out. Just do what is best for your DAUGHTER and yourself! No need to stay around and watch the train wreck.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010