am i giving it up for the right reason

i think i will be getting rid of my puppy i have its not that i dont want him cos i do i love him to bits but im pregnant and dont have the time to train him anymore and my dh is always at work so he dont have the time, before i fell it was not a problem i had the chance to train now im pregnant which was a shock as we werent trying for it i just end up in the bathroom alot of the time and i cant give him the attention he needs from me, am i giving him up for the right reason or this is just selfish of me cos i do feel bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pets

• well if you feel you can't care for him while pregnant you're sure not going to be able to take care of a puppy and a newborn baby, try to find him a home before taking him to the shelter
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• thats what i will be doing, we have another dog but i can handle him cos he's older and he is potty trained where's this dog just isnt learning now matter what i do, i dont abuse a dog n i never will but i hit his nose for peeing or pooping in the house n praise him n give him a treat when does it outside but he still just dont seem to show any attention to wanna go out side
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The fact that you do love him but are willing to give him up because you don't think you can give him the attention he needs is just the very opposite of selfish your are being selfless. If you can not care for him and give him the care and attention he needs then you should find a home that can. I think you are doing the right thing, just be sure he goes to a good home.

Anonymous

• Why does being pregnant mean you don't have time for him? I still had time for my dogs.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm sorry but this a a lame reason to get rid of the puppy! Shelter hear this excuse way to often. What will you do with this child when you have another one and don't have enough time for the first? I realize that having kids makes things tougher but it is still doable.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you feel this dog is not the right fit for your family right now then it is best to give him up. I do feel you have plenty of time to get him trained before the baby comes... It sounds like you might be a little over whelmed... Don't make a rash and hormonal decision you might regret.
    Anonymous

• well i'm suffering really bad with morning sickness, i have medical condition so im always gone to appointments in the week only time i have left is when i get back from all these appointments and i also have a 15month old girl who demands attention as well n i just dont think its fair on the pup anymore, we got him months before i fell n i had the time for him to try n train him but now with falling pregnant n all these appointments its not fair on him to be home alone all day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My animals are my family too. So personally, that's a crap reason to give him up. If you rehome him versus giving him to a shelter, then that's much preferable.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• im doing it cos i want to, its just too much to handle now, n i wont just give him to anyone i make sure the home is good enough for him n if they dont want him then i make sure they give him back to me, im not doing it to be mean im doing it cos its not fair on the pup when i have to be out at appoinments all day, my girl right now is lucky to attention at times cos of these appointments n with dh working all day where is the time to train to him, i have appointments all week now today is a day where i dont so im trying to train along with running off to the bathroom n spending time with my girl
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Anytime that a person feels they can not handle the responsibility of a puppy they SHOULD find them a good home that can. PERIOD. It is not for anyone else to tell you that you can do something like this. You are the one who knows if you can or can not PROPERLY take care of this puppy.
    Anonymous