Some Good Movies?

I can request movies and t.v. series on dvd from libraries in my state. But I can never think of anything. Can you ladies reccomend some good movies? I like just about anything- but nothing religious, and my boyfriend likes action movies. Macho guy type stuff. lol

badgirl44654

Asked by badgirl44654 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• I don't like alot of 'guy' movies, but The Hangover had me laughing throughout! It's one of those that gets funnier each time you watch it too, IMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have always been a big fan of the National Treasure Movies.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• How far back do you want to go? My two favorite classic movies are "Some Like It Hot" and "Bringing Up Baby," both comedies. Somewhat newer: "Working Girl" and "The Big Chill." Any Robert Redford movies: "The Sting," "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "Havana," "The Great Gatsby," I could go on and on for him.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My favorite at the moment is the Twilight series!!! I also love The Notebook, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, Any of the World Disaster movies.
    bdiane34

Answer by bdiane34 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Some of my favorites are The Lake House, Juno, The Hangover, Pineapple Express, Madea Goes To Jail, Superbad, The Sasquatch Gang, A Walk to Remember, Something's Gotta Give, The Family Stone (great Christmas time movie), Because I Said So, The Dark Knight, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Paranormal Activity, Remember Me, Knocked Up, The Ugly Truth, The Bounty Hunter, Youth in Revolt and I could go on and and on and on!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• For Action Movies, how about:
    The "Bourne" trilogy, get them all, watch them in order.
    "Casino Royale' (but NOT "Quantum of Solace" -- it's inferior, my son says)
    "Batman Begins" & "The Dark Knight"
    "Inception"
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Poptart- I loved Juno, The Lake House, and Superbad too. I'm a grown woman, but I like those kind of movies. Superbad, Juno, Knocked Up, Not Another Teen Movie, Date Movie etc.
    badgirl44654

Comment by badgirl44654 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Dispicable Me is funny, it's the last movie I watched.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 9:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Thanks everyone! I know I've seen some of those movies already, but there are still plenty left that I haven't seen. Too bad I can only pick one for best-answer when all your answers are appreciated!
    badgirl44654

Comment by badgirl44654 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Dec. 24, 2010