Sneaky 3 1/2 year old boy ...ugh!!

any one elses 3yr olds sneeky he just started doing this 2 weeks ago and now i have to watch his every move its like hes just learning how to crawl again and getting into everything im going nuts i thought we were suppose to move forward not backwards!! help

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LMAO my 3 year old sneaks out of her bed at night gets into the pantry 'steals' food and goes back to bed. WE find the crumbs and empty packages in the morning. :0) WE put a stop to that pretty quick though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• What's backwards about exploring his world?

You are supposed to be watching him all the time because he's 3... 3yos can't understand cause and effect, have no way of accurately assessing risk or predicting likely outcomes, they have no impulse control and little functional memory --particularly for arbitrary or changing rules.

It's more or less why they don't get their own apartments until they're a little older.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try introducing some new 'parent approved' activities. Children who are busy have much less time to get in to things they aren't suppose to.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• im a stay at home mom i watch him just fine but now i cant even go to the dryer to get the clothes out with out him pouring dish soap all on the floor or going into my room and opening my blush and dumping it everywhere!! he was never like this until just recently. he knew what was ok to touch and what wasnt thats what i mean about going backwards!
    brandnew744

Comment by brandnew744 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• 3yr olds DO have memory skills, at least my twins (who are 3) do. anyway, I know that mine are into the same phase. I know what your talking about and I know how you feel. But as with everything, this too shall pass. Just keep your wits about you and find the funny in the things they do, b/c most of the time they are proud of what they learned from doing what they did.. GL!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 3:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i know exactly how u feel ... i have a 3 yr old and he is so sneaky...i made cupcakes last night and today i went to the bathroom and had the door open and he snuck right in the fridge and destroyed the cupcakes and the cake...
    honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• my son likes to be sneaky and get my lil sweetie oranges out of the fridge he loves those and he peels the orange on his own
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 21, 2010