What is your go to snack to serve when you have unexpected guests pop in?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 2:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We have all kinds of holiday goodies on hand, homemade candies and cookies. I also keep some frozen appetizers on hand for a just in case. We also keep lots of instant hot cocoa and apple cider on hand during the holidays for unexpected guests. I don't mind people dropping in, just as long as they don't stay for days on end. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Cheese and crackers, or bruschetta, I usually have bread and goodies for a topping. Nuts, pretzels, whatever I have on hand.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I try to keep these in the freezer, especially this time of year, just takes a few minutes to heat them.
    Hanky Panks
    1/2 lb. ground beef
    1/2 lb. pork sausage(reg.)
    1/2 tsp. garlic salt or powder
    l/2 lb. Velveeta cheese (cubed)
    1 loaf party rye bread (small square slices)
    Brown meat and sausage. Pour off all grease, then add garlic salt and cheese. Stir until all the cheese is melted and well blended. Spread mixture on each slice of bread. (a good tablespoon) Place on cookie sheet and freeze and then put in plastic bags and keep in freezer. Always ready to take out and bake. Bake 400 for 15 min
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Crackers and cheese or chips and salsa, all staples in this house!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 2:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• During the holidays I always have a several dozen sausage cheese balls in the freezer; super easy to defrost and serve within 10 mins. I also make my own salsa each week so chips and salsa are always on hand.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Peanuts, pretzels, chips ... sometimes I have cookies on hand. I usually have frozen homemade muffins that can be quickly thawed and served warm. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa (in winter).
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 2:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Cheese & crackers, water, tea... i have cookies on hand from baking for the holidays
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i do not feed unexpected guests. Might give them a drink of something. That is it. Like ice tea or a soda.

Answer by louise2 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Water! Dont show up unannnounced and expect entertainment! lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Wow, that has never happened. I don't imagine I'd offer them food.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010