• In the Spotlight:

Brokeback Mountain

So hubby and I will be sitting down to watch it together for the first time later on, can you ladies please give me your review on it?

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 2:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Entertainment

• I found the plot a little slow...
    the shirt confused me! I'll leave it at that...

over all, not a bad movie though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Your hubby will be disgusted...Lets leave it that. It gets pretty...graphic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I thought Jake Gillinhals (sp) character was a sexual predator. It wasn't a great movie but it wasn't horrible either. I wouldn't watch it again. It was one of those movies that you have to watch just to say you did and to know what everyone is talking about.
    Take it or leave it?..........IMO....Leave it!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:59 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• ooooooooook maybe we will ave this movie for a "let me watch it for the first time alone type of night" just to preview it, thanks all
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:06 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Ya....I watched it at the movies with my mother.....What was I thinking???? She didn't want to go alone. I know my husband would have walked out but he refuses to see it. I'd def. wait on this one if I were you.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Id just watch it.... its honastly not that bad
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We haven't seen it, but my husband's best friend actually recommended we see it. He is kinda squimish and he didn't seem bothered by it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:20 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I LOVE it!

But my boyfriend is very comfortable with his sexuality and so am I. We love our gay people, but we were actually able to see past the whole "OMG GAY COWBOY LOLLLZZZ SEX" thing. We're also both huge Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal fans, so that helped a lil bit. Heath was friggin ROBBED for the Oscar that year >:( I think the story is very heartfelt and heartbreaking. It very well could've been based on a true story. If you like pretty scenery and a good, sad story, you'll like it =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:41 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I loved the story and thought the movie was great. My DH has never seen it and absolutely refuses to watch it. Honestly I think it will make your DH uncomfortable, it is pretty graphic. Much more then I expected it to be.
    momma2merks

Answer by momma2merks at 8:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think it is a WONDERFUL love story and I will leave it at that.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2008