Pregnant again? I don't know if I can do this... Help, anyone have any advice??? Please.

My 'DH' walked out on me 4 weeks ago and I haven't seen him since. I'm a single mom, I run a business from home which makes me a fair amount of money but I'm not sure enough to raise another.

I've got five children already, I've started legal proceedings with my DH but so far they've not been able to track him down. I've just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I'm just at a loss for words. My brain is a bit mushed right now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do or how I@m going to do it. Has anyone been through a similar situation or anything along these lines? I don't think I could ever consider an abortion, I just couldn't do it and my head's going wild right now with everything.

Any advice would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm really sorry your going through this right now. I was upset with my third. After it was over and done with I didn' tsee that much of a difference financially. I'm sure it is different with 6 though. Everything happens for a reason. Hang in there and it will get easier.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Take a deep breath and relax for a minute. You said you wont do abortion but what about adoption? Just remember do whats bes for you and your family. Dont listen to anyone else but your heart
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I know what ur going through :/ have u considerd adoption?
    want2bamommy780

Answer by want2bamommy780 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• How about adoption? Good for you for not abortiing
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• ((hugs))
    I'm sorry you're going through this... is your family nearby? Would they help any, if they're able? It's not your fault that your husband gave up on your marriage. Hopefully he'll realize what he's doing before it's too late. If not, then when they find him, you should get everything you're entitled to: alimony, child support, and sole custody. Good luck mama!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• take a breather. and i personally think that if you know you cannot do it then adoption is a great option=]
    teen_mommie101

Answer by teen_mommie101 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think raising even five kids on your own is a tremendous undertaking and a heck of a lot of work and energy to accomplish it. Additionally I don't see how you would be able to do it all without some form of help since babies have their hourly feedings and all and require a lot of attention. You would have to stretch your attention over six kids and hold down your work.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am sorry to hear what you are going through. If you already have 5, adding another one probably wouldn't be that big of a difference, except for diapers. And you can do cloth diapers for not a huge expense. Do you have any famliy near that can help? You said you don't want to abort, which is a personal choice, but I am glad that you chose not too. If you don't think you can take on another child, have you considered adoption? If you go through an agency, most, if not all, medical and some living expense bills are paid. A lot of times, the adoptions are open or semi-open, as well.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Me personally I WOULDNT GO THROUGH BEING PREGNANT AGAIN ESPECIALLY IF I HAD 5 KIDS READY NO WAY JOSE...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2010