why do people get so smothering

I am prego with my second and am having problems with boundaries. With my first my fam and hubbys fam was waiting out in the waiting room chompin at the bit to come in the delivery room and the second I was done delivering the room filled up(this is not what I wanted). Then when I got home from hospital people constantley wanted to come over, I did not like this either. So this time I have considered not telling when I go into labor and letting everyone know the next day! I am getting alot of attitude for how I feel. I have friends telling me they are gonna be at my house everyday to help and when I tell them no, I need my space they get really upset? What the hell? I am not a warm and fuzzy person and am very private and dont need help. My hubby has 2 weeks off when baby comes and we want to be left alone!! Is this crappy on my part? please tell me I am not alone in this? How do I set clear boundaries without upsetting everyone?

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just keep telling them what you are telling them. With my first and second I has some relatives upset because we did not want anyone there during or right after. But my third they did not say anything. We just kept telling them how we felt about it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010