When You S/O Doesn't do Something Around the House

if it's something you can really do, but it's a mans kind of job, do you do it or keep nagging? I have for years just done what had to be done if I could just to avoid the nagging. I know some women don't. My DIL didn't, if my son didn't do it, she wouldn't no questions asked, her business I didn't care, but then she didn't get some minor thing done she could have had done herself.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If I can do it myself I do. Hubby works long hours and I want the time he has at home to be good, not full of me nagging at him. If it's something I can't do and it can't wait, I will remind him and that's all it takes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It depends on what it is. I, personally, am not going to do everything, especially considering that I have a full-time job, too. If it's something that has to be done and he's not doing it, I'll suck it up and do it, but I'll be letting him know how unhappy I am about it the whole time. If it's something that's just a minor annoyance, I'm more likely to not do anything about it until it annoys him enough to make him get up and do it himself.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If it's something I can do, I would just do it anyway w/o expecting my DH to do it in the first place. I only "nag" him to do the things that only he can do, like electrical repairs or reframing a wall, etc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am so fortunate because my husband is so practical. I am a nerd so the whole place would be falling apart if it were up to me, not from laziness but just incompetence. I don't need to nag him because he usually notices things that need fixing before I do. I thank God every single day for bringing us together. Don't know if he does though. Ha!
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 2:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Depends on what it is. For the most part, though, my husband will do stuff without too much nagging.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 21, 2010