Next step on our journey TTC, what's next?

So we've been TTC for 4 years now. We got pregnant on our 3rd round of clomid and IUI. We lost the baby in March. We started again and did 4 more cycles of clomid and IUI. It didn't work so I have to meet with the doctor tomorrow. (Weather provided, of course. It's snowing like crazy right now.) I'm not sure what the next step will be. I'm guessing Femora and IUI's or Injectables and IUI. I really don't know what they will say. I have checked out perfectly healthy. My husband has lower sperm count due to a Vericole. He count was like 20 million. The last IUI he had 50% motility. I thought that was pretty good too. Not sure what the issue is. I'm just curious if anyone else has gone through anything similar as I don't have a clue what to expect. Or if you know of any questions I should be asking. It's only $350.00 just to speak with her. I want to know everything before I leave her office for that price. Thanks for your help. If you did Femora, any luck? If you did injectables, any luck?

AleciaK

Asked by AleciaK at 3:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had no luck with clomid. I have PCOS, so I went on metformin and actos. When the clomid did not work we used an injectable med and IUI with sperm wash. I got pregnant with the first round but had a chemical miscarriage at just over 4.5 weeks. We tried another round with no luck and then she upped the injectable dosage. I had 3, possibly 4 viable eggs! I wound up with a singleton pregnancy, which is good because this child is worth triplets on his own some days. He will turn 6 in Jan. It took over 2 yrs ttc him.

One thing that really helped me on the emotional front was joining a support group.

You are more than welcome to ask or pm me with any questions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thanks for the information. We are doing the injectables starting next month. I'm so very hopeful. It's nice to be taking a break for this cycle though. Wow this stuff is so expensive. I'm so happy you got your little miracle. Thanks again for the advice. I am really happy I found this site. There are so many amazing women on here. I'm just so sad that there are so many of us. Thanks again. I'm not very good with this site. I just am not tech savvy but I may come back to this post and try to ask you questions.

AleciaK

Comment by AleciaK (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2010