Military moms: do your kids suffer when your husbands are deployed for long periods of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say suffer. They get confused yes. But as they get older they will understand more. Just keep up the emails, letters and video chats. Sends lots of pictures
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think my son did. My S/O went to Viet Nam for 14 mos when he was 3 and when he came home because of being away so much in the previous 3 years he was almost a stranger to him. My S/O was on a lot ofcruises and was moved around so much in such a short period of time, we lived with my parents. I think we saw him a total of 6 mos the whole 4 years. The disciplining(sp) I think is what had a lasting effect, because he had a man he didn't really know, being a Marine very strick disciplining him. To this day he(my son) is an adult man now, and he WILL NOT have a real confrontation with his Dad. I always feel so bad for him, and yet unable to fix it.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010