Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

39 weeks might be getting induced

I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to see if I can be induced..if they say I should..should I? How was being induced for you? I've herd alot of bad things.

Answer Question

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (45 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Me personally I wait till baby is ready. There is a reason that baby has not come yet. But you need to do what is right for you.

    Answer by Raeann11 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • You need to weigh the risks and the benefits of being induced. If there are no medical reasons to be induced, are the risks worth taking?

    Answer by MrsMWF at 3:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • IMO it was best to wait it out (unless there is a medical purpose). I went 10 days late with my first after a week they were pressuring me to be induced. I asked 'What is the medical indication for that?' Oddly enough this was the answer 'Well, usually the woman is ready to be done by this point in pregnancy' They did some test to make sure all was well and let me go. Get all the facts before making your choice that's the best advice I have for you.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • I don't want to be, they keep pressuring me bc my due date is Christmas

    Comment by want2bamommy780 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • well, there you go! If you don't want it and they have no good solid reason then tell them no. It is your choice not theirs unless something is wrong. It sounds like they don't want to deal with it over Christmas though if they can avoid it. Ask them when they bring it up again 'What is the MEDICAL indication for that? (I love that question. you would be amazed how many times it stumps them)

    Answer by But_Mommie at 3:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • Well that's selfish of them :/ thnx for the advice and I will ask them tomorrow!

    Comment by want2bamommy780 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • I was induced for both my pregnancies. For the first one my blood pressure kept rising week after week so my doctor decided it was best to induce. Now for my second it was kinda like yours my due date was christmas eve and again my blood pressure was rising as well so they wanted to induce before christmas or wait until the 27th so I decided to do it on the 21st of December (2007) and we ended up having a C-section on the 22nd. It is still totally your dicision whether to be induced or not.

    Answer by dlshaner at 4:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • Do you prefer safety or convenience? (is it your convenience, too-- or is it just theirs?)

    Forcing labor before your baby and your body are ready adds a lot of unnecessary risks.
    It's not "safe."
    Things will likely work out, of course. But might end up far from ideal. Who knows.

    Safer to avoid these unnecessary risks. Done to please others.

    That really IS unethical, sheesh.


    Answer by doulala at 2:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • What did you find out from your doctor? Just curious.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 12:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.