Does anyone else find it morbidly wrong and disgusting for them to allow movies such as "The hills have eyes?"

Like wth is wrong with the "creature" who thought up that movie? Part one is has that thing raping that girl and part 2 is even worse! Seriously. Does anyone else think graphic rape movies should be banned? It's wrong! I don't think teens should be watching that or even adults. It was too much. I feel like things have went too far with some of the movies they release. It portrays some sick ass things!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Entertainment

• I hate scary movies. I don't watch them. BUT- I couldn't care less that they exist. Rape is... scary.

On another note- you CANNOT ban anything from art. If Tennesee Williams hadn't ended "A Streetcar Named Desire" with the rape of the main character- it wouldn't have been the same play/movie. It's a classic.

Preview the film before you let your teen watch it.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 3:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It's kinda one of those to each his own kinda deals.......If you dont like em dont watch em.... I dont think they should be banned, Im not a big fan of those movies but Im not going to bash on someone who does!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I enjoy those movies. I like to escape into someone else's head for a while. It makes me feel normal actually. Whatever crazy thoughts I have, these are worse, kind of thing. I hope that makes sense to someone. I also watch movies or discuss with someone I trust that has seen the movies before I let my children watch it and I plan on doing so as they get older as well.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:18 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I personally don't care for the "torture porn" revolution like Saw and Hostel and like you said, The Hills Have Eyes. Gore and blood and rape and crap just don't interest me.

But I do have to agree with the above poster...we're given freedom of choice and we don't have to watch those movies if we don't want to. Somebody is expressing a point of view and an opinion when they make a film...that doesn't mean we have to support it or agree with it.

I much prefer more psychological thrillers...like Silence of the Lambs =D One of the scariest movies of all time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I totally agree. Those kind of movies can't be called art or entertaining. They sick and morbid and so are the creators of them.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• While I personally try to avoid movies that are very graphic with rape and such, I do like the occasional horror flick. And to me, saying that those movies shouldn't be allowed, sounds like censorship, which is wrong. All movies have the rating system on them. Most tell you why they have the rating they have (i.e. "Rated R for graphic sexual situations, extreme violence", etc.). I always look at ratings, and generally if I have any doubts, I either don't let my kids watch it period, or I watch it alone and then decide if it's something I want them to see.
    Saying the movies should be banned, I think, is the wrong way to go about it. That puts all the responsibility on the filmmakers to protect your children from things you don't approve of. I think it's more of a personal responsibility as a parent to protect your children from things you don't approve of.
    **When I say "you", I mean that in general.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I don't watch anything like that... but then again that's my choice. So don't watch it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm not talking about the fact that only I don't like it. I mean in GENERAL things like that should not be displayed on tv. to ANYONE. Regardless if they like it or not. Not that anyone SHOULD like watchin that. I don't see a point in adding things like THAT. It could have been just fine without the rape added in. Whoever thought of that movie obviously LIKES and is FACINATED with rape.
    Anonymous

• It's not your place to say what everyone SHOULD or SHOULDNT watch....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I like SCARY movies....I don't like GORY movies!! All the blood and guts and rape is GROSS, not scary. Rape is not something that should be thrown around in a movie.
    Anonymous