i think im doing the right thing...why dont they see it that way??

Am i wrong to keep my kids from their grandmother?? The situation is that she is currently married but says she is getting a divorce (when thats going to happen i really dont know) but she has a boyfriend now and her husband knows about it and he says he is fine with it. However, I feel that if she has my kids one day and is with her boyfriend and her husband see's them he is not going to take it well. Even though he knows what she is doing actually seeing her with another man is different.

Now im getting the attitude and smart remarks and ignored by certain family members now because they think im over reacting that i have nothing to worry about but i think i do- i dont want my kids with her if he ever see's her out because who knows if he would get mad and do something??

am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your kids, your decision. End of story.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think you're stretching to think of any possibility. Did the husband tell you he knows and is fine with it, or did someone else. That could make a difference as well. Why not just ask her to come to your house to visit the kids, without the boyfriend.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would not want my kids with her unless she promised she would not be or have the other person around. The children do not need to be introduced to a boyfriend. It is not showing good sense or stability. If she plans a remarriage, that would be time enough to have the children meet the new "item".
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm on your side on this. Your kids dont need to get confue
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Could she visit them at your home
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If she wants to see them, FOR NOW she needs to do it without the boyfriend.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• she is allowed to see them if she comes to our house. but she claims she is always working. she missed her grandchilds 1st birthday to be with her boyfriend. and my husband doesnt like the situation either just a few family members think we are wrong. and her husband is my husbands step dad and he is never allowed to see our kids and she promised before she would be the only person to have them and she let him see them without our permission. so if she wants to see them she has to come to our house or meet us somewhere but she wants to keep them with her for the day and sometimes over night and i just dont feel its right and i dont feel comfortable doing it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm with ya, OP. I don't understand how some people live their lives as if it doesn't effect anyone else! "It's my life, and I wanna be happy!" is all they seem to care about... to hell with how it effects their kids or spouse, etc.
    But I agree with the other moms... let her see her grandkids, at your house, without the boy toy.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You get to say what your kids do or don't do period.

Answer by older at 4:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think you are doing the best thing by not allowing her to take them. After your second comment he is not blood related and to me people off losing their minds lately airing on the side of CAUTION is best.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 4:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010