How do I find out more about this?

I have heard a few different ppl talking about some sort of scavenger hunt. It is supposed to be all over the world and free! What are they talking about? Is this something I could do with my children?

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 3:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never heard of it but I'll bump you.
    There is a scavenger hunt here on cafemom but its just a game thats under widgets
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sounds like fun, but I have no idea.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ive heard of it, but don't know details sorry
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• As soon as I get it figured out, I will post some info for you ladies!
    gatorswife

Comment by gatorswife (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I got it ladies! Google "geo catching" and you will have to put in a zip or something to narrow it down to your area. It is totally free and you look for things such as film caniters with pennies in it and you take one. Or there may be a rolled up paper and pencil in it and you have to sign your name. Fun stuff to do with the kids and it doesn't cost a penny. Good luck and have fun!
    gatorswife

Comment by gatorswife (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sorry it's "geocaching" not "catching"
    gatorswife

Comment by gatorswife (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I've never heard of that. What is the point of it and how can people everywhere play?
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Never heard of it..bumping for you.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Geocaching is great fun. DH and I have been doing it for years, in the US and in other countries as well. It requires a gps and some little cheap give aways. We have a plastic soldier and a turtle we picked up last weekend. We left a pencil and some stickers. It's just nice to get out and get some exercise.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I've heard of it plenty of places over the years. It sounds fun but we're in the middle of nowhere and really don't travel. I'm hoping, if it's still going on when we're all older, that maybe we can start doing a little.
    Anonymous