How many gifts do you give your children age 6 or 7??

I'm curious how many gifts are given to your children from Santa?? I tend to buy a lot and did and now rethinking about returning half her gifts. So, I'm curious how many gifts are given by Santa? I got her gifts from myself this year.

happynewyorker

Asked by happynewyorker at 3:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2 from us, 3 from santa, for each kid.
    Anonymous

• It varies from year to year. This year they each got 6 gifts.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I kept it at 2 or three for my son. Something from Santa plus the stocking, then what we gave him.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ds is 6 he is getting a game form us From Santa he is getting 2 different RC cars, a jacket, a movie, a robot claw arm thingy, um... a shirt, a space book, a comic book... To share with his sister another movie, a big play doh set and another game. Plus the piddly stocking stuffers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We only have our son who is 3 ... I bought too many this year.. the last 2 years we actually only put money in his savings account because he didn't care about presents so we kind of went over board this year.. next year we plan to do 2 from each
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think that the amount of gifts one gets from santa depends on your financial situation, however I think that 2 or 3 is plenty and then the little ones that are in the stocking. The more presents you give your child from santa the more chances you will have of them questioning if Santa is real because they already at that age hear stories and if there friends only get 1 or 2 presents they why do they get so many more and how will her be able to carry all of them or make them all in time for all the children he visits.
    outofoptions67

Answer by outofoptions67 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I thought I would add that 1/2 of what my son is getting was either a) on clearance or b) From the dollar alley at Target!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• we personally got our 4 year old one thing from Santa and our 2 year old 2 things from him. my mil is getting my 4 year old a bike that's from Santa. and i know my mom's house will be overflowing with gifts she got them lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Depends on the year and money situation.
    foreverof4

Answer by foreverof4 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thank you for your comments. I ordered a lot this year as the following years. I just got out of debit and put myself back in. I've decided to return and just give her a few presents and return the rest. Same goes with my husbands gifts. Thank you for helping me decided. It's been eating at me for the last couple of days.

Best regards,
    Lee
    happynewyorker

Comment by happynewyorker (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010