Does anyone have this problem?

On Christmas, her friend would call early in the afternoon and list the things she got for Christmas. She came from a very wealthy family and was over indulged. My daughter would be asked what she got and you could tell it did not compare.
Why don't parents teach their kids to not do this especially not on Christmas day.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 3:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• This is a good thing to talk about. Talk about how things are not important. Things do not make you happy. Memories are what we remember not the thing. It is the time we spend together that is cherished not the presents we get.
    If you don't want to answer her call let it go to the answering machine. Trust your daughter is going to find out eventually.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Her parents probably don't know she's doing it, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, but then again she may be learning it from them. We were at a party the other night, and one couple just kept bragging about what all they had bought for their relatives. Two couples were very quiet, and it's known that they are having hard times. Everytime I tried to change the subject, they went right back to bragging. I felt bad.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Some people are clods.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a friend that did this to me when I was younger... but I was taught that he was spoiled rotten and that I was never to expect to be lol.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong unless she was gloating and demeaned what she got.

Answer by older at 3:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• id tell her to tell it to the wall and hang up.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My children have a few friends like that and I know that at one time my kids felt that it was unfair that they didnt recieve as many presents as there friend, and it tock a while but I think that a lot of people forget to tell there children the real meaning of christmas. So every year me and my children help out at the local food bank or shelter and they get the first hand experience of what it means to help those in need and to see how much it means to them. They now know what the true meaning of christmas is and they tell there friends its not about how much or what you get its about being with people that you love and helping others to feel the same way.
    outofoptions67

Answer by outofoptions67 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• just silly really
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 5:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010