my daughter have 2 years and still cannot control her urination.i know she is still young but how i should training her.she has good control on defecation.how stop use of diaper?

duriahythem

Asked by duriahythem at 3:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as she continues to wear a diaper, she will never be able to control her pee. I got this advice from others and it really worked wonders with my very-difficult-to-train son --- keep the diaper off at home -- just let her keep her training panties on under her skirt or pants. There will be pee-pee accidents for one to two days and then she'll become better and better at telling you when she needs to go. The best way to do this is to take her to the bathroom every 2 hours and let her sit on the pot ... This will help her know what the process is. She'll also learn to distinguish between an empty and a full bladder. It will also prevent pee-pee accidents. It's hard work but she'll be 90% potty-trained in a week. Good luck!
    silhouettes79

Answer by silhouettes79 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If she cant control it, she's not ready. There's nothing you can do to "make" a child ready.
    Anonymous

• She's not old enough. They don't really get good control until they are closer to 2 1/2 or 3 than 2 years old. Give it some time, and she will let you know when she is ready.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The average age of potty training is still 4. Only on cafemom do you see 2 year olds trained without accidents.

Like anon says. If she cannot hold her bladder, she is NOT ready. And the only reason why she waits to poop is because it happens less times a day that peeing. It is also more noticeable when they have to poop and not so much so peeing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If she can't control, she is not ready. Give her time.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Only on cafemom do you see 2 year olds trained without accidents.

yes and i had one of those 2 year olds. my now 4 year old was trained by 2 years and 4 months with no accidents. however, my middle child, who just turned 2, is not even close to ready yet. she hasn't had any "success" on the potty and ive been occasionally trying for a month now. she doesnt tell me when she needs to go or anything. she is just not ready. potty training will be unsuccessful until your child is truly ready, otherwise it will be a headache and frustrating for everyone. just give it a little more time.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Just relax for goodness sakes,, don't force the issue, no one graduates from high school not "potty trained"!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I went out with my 2 year old and bought her the fanciest panties i could find and told her these are big girl panties,only big girls get to wear them 'cause they never can pee in these!!She still loves fancy panties and is 34 now!!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Um, what?
    Anonymous