Would you see a guy..

Who in the past had said once in an argument that you "weren't personally motivated enough for him"?? That's such a blanket statement to me, like you're such a big loser, I'm too good for you. He wants to see me again.. we split up a few months ago.. he has said he has deep feelings for me, and a whole lot of other nice things since...and he once admitted rather begrudingly that he thought I was probably the smartest woman he has ever known. I keep telling him I'll see him and then at the last minute I back out thinking, screw that, I don't need someone who doesn't love me for me, just as I am...am I right? I can't get those words out of my head, should I give him another shot? Would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, you said exactly what I was thinking... he needs to love you and want you for who you are, and he sounds like a narcissistic jerk!

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't. Why would you want to be with someone who it seems, cannot find anyone else so he will come back to the one who wasn't "personally motivated enough for him"?

sounds like he cannot find anyone that treated him like you do and now wants to come back. Tell him to step aside.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Depends are you past what he said to you? Do you think he really likes you? Take things very slow and keep your ears, eyes and your mind open. Dont get sucked into to fast. Get to know him all over again
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Doesn't sound like you're over the things he said, so no I probably wouldn't give him a shot. But who knows I hated my hubby before we got together and that has worked out nicely.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you fell in the mud would you want to fall into it again?You deserve better.He sounds too critical of everyone but himself to make a statement like that,and why are you letting junk like that even cross your mind?He's history.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010