2 year old

My 2&1/2 year old has been very difficult recently. When she is told no she doesn't listen and continues to act out. She yells and kicks, I don't know what to do.

mszh2010

Asked by mszh2010 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 3 (-1 Credits)
  • ignore her tantrums or put her in timeout.
    Anonymous

• DS is the same way. All I have found is to stand my ground and if we're out some place I'm ready to leave at anytime. My other DS,11, went through this phase also, so I know it will pass, but until then my head is killing me. Good luck!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• terrible 2's is not a myth..ignore the tantrums, time out in a playpen where you can ignore her and know she will be safe
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 3:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It's a phase toddlers go through!!! I tried everything but nothing seemed to work. That is, until I discovered that if I just turn to my DS and glare at him without saying a word, he quietens down. Just repeat that as often as you need to. Then when she is calmer, explain to her why what she was doing was wrong and what would be a better way to ask for what she wants. Also distracting them with other things and activities also seems to help. But overall it is a tough time and you'll have to try different things to see what works for you.
    silhouettes79

Answer by silhouettes79 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010