Do you think you could work for Child Protective Services?

Do you think you have the stomach? Do you think being a parent would impact your ability to do the job?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know I don't have the stomach for that type of job...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No way I could. I'm over sensitive and a hot head. I'll be crying half the time and the other half I would be beating the hell out of the person who harmed the child. I'm a real mama bear I protect children even if they aren't mine
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No because if I ran into a parent that was like me, I'ld be terrified of what kind of physical harm that person would cause me.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I know that I absolutely could not. I would get hyper sensitive about every situation and would not follow protocal for those situations.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, I think I could. I have seen all kinds of horrible things people do to their kids for years, my parents were foster parents from the time I was 8. Kids who don't want to talk to an adult will talk to another kid, so I heard way more than any kid should. I have really considered being a foster parent myself, but not until my girls are grown. I think being a parent would impact the job, but only by knowing what it feels like to be the kind of parent who would do anything to protect their children.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Nope because I would spend too much time in jail from bitch slapping some of the parents.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes, i could. i have been involved with them myself and i feel i could be more objective than they are. they take every bruise and bump and turn it into abuse, it makes me sick how they tear apart some families based on bullshit. now i know there are some children out there that need cps to get involved, children that are truly abused and/or neglected. and if i worked for cps i would definitely take these children under my wing and protect them. i feel its a very rewarding job when you can go home at the end of the night and think "i saved a child's life today"
    Anonymous

• I feel I could because ultimately I am helping that child out of a bad situation and have control over it at the point I was called to go out there.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would like to go in and make changes... like anon posted they often make nothing into a huge media event and when children are truly in danger they leave them there... They are manipulative and take good parents for LONG rides.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No I could not work for children services, I am in school for social services and I think I want to work for the elderly or in a substance abuse area
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 4:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010