I need some advice Mammas! How long does it take when you file for divorce to get a mandatory drug test? adult content

Oh gosh things are really bad right now, DH is smoking pot, every day ( this is not a pot debate). Anyway my son was at grandma's house on Saturday, DH wanted to go out, oka not a biggie, anyway we ended up in a massive fight, and he pushed my head into a window,,, He is of course apologetic, but I have had my fill of his anger,, in 16 years this is the 2nd time that any violence has occured, I have lost my job, and want to make sure that if I file for divorce (suprise to him) that I can get a drug test on him ASAP,, my son and I will need his money to go on with life,, I don't want to alert him, but if I file, and it takes more than a couple of days for his drug test,, he will know that is what I plan, thanks for any input!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• breath deep
    sounds like you have put up with this for quite a while
    make your plan, think of ways to live away from him
    and keep kids safe
    i am not saying to stay with a voilent man- but i am saying use any time you have to makeplans, stash cash, speak to lawyers, get a job
    also not best to act when emotions arehigh, use your head when you calm, do not act from your heart
    yes, leave, but if possible, have plan first is in your best interest
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yeah...no court will issue a mandatory drug test associated with a divorce. Why didn't you call the cops on Saturday when he put your head through the window? If he was high when they arrest him, there you could have requested a drug screening and that would serve as the proof you need.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He put your head through a window and he isn't in jail? And what does a drug test have to do with a divorce? I can see custody but not divorce..if he has a weed problem, and you're divorcing him, then let him continue smoking because it isn't affecting you. Now if you believe his weed use will harm your child while in his care, then by all rights get it done and you can usually do this when you go to mediation but it will not stop him from seeing his child...And as far as using his money to live on when you leave him, well, you better have enough of his money stashed away because if you do anything to piss him off, (mandatory drug test) he'll cut you off and instead of pushing your head through a window, he may do something worse...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• What do you expect to happen? Its weed, he would probably only get a fine IF he gets caught.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sorry but he has to know you filed for divorce and a drug test cant be forced on him. Kick him out now for what he's done. Did you call the police when he did that?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Kick him out and he's going to find out eventualy about the divorce so may as well tell him now good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I was wondering how you get someone to take a drug test ASAP? If he knows that I filed, then he will find away to cover drug use up, although I would make the best parent to care for our son,, he has a job, and I don't at the moment, no I did not call the police, there were no marks on my face, and I was afraid he would lie and they would take us both to jail,, I just need him to have a dirty drug test to secure my son and I's future.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well you should have called the police when he put your head through a window then he would have been arrested and forced to take a drug test. There is no one out there that will take it unless he is willing to
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He cant lie. The police have to have reason to take you in. If he put your head through the window then the broken window is proof enough
    mommy_of_two388

• My BIL made my SIL take a drug test through the courts, but it was related to child custody, not the divorce. He will have plenty of time to "study" for the test, sorry.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010