I want my dogs to go...

My DH excepted two large dogs from his friend as a gift when his dog had passed. They are hard to control at times and walking two very large dogs is difficult. He lets them run out along the front walkway, (which is gated), to bark and startle people because he says he can do it.
I want at least one taken because it is I who feeds them and I who has to walk them. They tug on my arms and they have scarred eachother up from the fights we have to break up between them at times. Everyday is a possible fight between them. If there is a noise outside they have to go to the front door and start barking! GOD the npise pisses me off!
I like dogs but we are talking about American Staffordshires and they can get pretty grumpy.
What can I do? I have no control here. And I want one gone or both gone. But my DH won't give up either one! They are brothers, but they just love to fight!!!! And we have to be on them everyday.
I get pissed at the very thought of how they are so unrulely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Give DH a choice. Them or you.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Tell him they either need to be TRAINED or go to someone who will train them!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i had this same problem exactly! you do have control. tell your dh you are tired of the big dogs causeing problems with you at home all day. tell him you refuse to feed and walk them til one goes to someone who can handle it...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 4:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• They are dogs.. if they are older, they really shouldn't be seperated.. .. give them their short life full of love.. maybe they are still getting adjusted? or can go to dog training classes? or learn methods to help.. or tell your DH to do the walking and feeding if you don't want to do it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• you and your dh need to work on training the dogs, you can't expect them to know how to act if you don't show them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The dogs need to be trained. You and your husband should take the dogs to a class. As for walks get them Gentle leader head halters this will help keep your arms in the sockets and tell them who is the boss at the same time. Have they been neutered? If not that might help.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ugh I feel your pain we have 3 who shed and my daughters allergic (we just found out ) and my hubby won't give them up or have them be out door dogs. For my daughter I'm having to do the them or us thing
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We tried a trainer who trained police dogs, and I was OK with it. But he was not and some how just ended the lessons. He honestly treats these dogs like his kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Call that show "It's Me or the Dog" LOL. They will come in and help you "train" the dogs. I saw it on Animal Planet. =o)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 4:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well we don't agree on what to do to train them. I can try and tell them a command they know and he will contour act it by saying come here and kissing them.
    I am just tired of it. I have no problem taking care of any pet, but when I do it and have no say in any matter involvong them then that's when I wonder why should I care for them.
    Thanks for all your opinions.
    I think even though it is raining off and on I might try and walk them inbetween the sprinkling, to get some stress off my shoulders.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010