Has anyone read this book?

I was thinking about getting it, and I was just wondering if it's any good, or if there's a similar book that's better than this one. Thanks! :-)

Jesus and Buddha: The Parallel Sayings

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I haven't- but I did like Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hahn a whole lot. I think I will add this one to my Christmas list!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Nope, but it sounds like a good read. I like this comment made on that page by one of the reviewers, i have to share;

"I believe Jesus's love is much more expansive than that, much broader. And that his desire, seen through his life, death, and ressurrection, reaching out to us, is reaching out to perhaps the one billion Chinese who may never hear the name of Jesus in their whole existence. And does that mean, because they haven't accepted Jesus, they're going to hell? No, not at all.

But many Christians are still caught in the Old Testament tribal struggles of us vs. them and put down other faiths without ever even looking"

I enjoyed reading that perspective....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No, though it looks really interesting and is one I would like to read. You'll have to let us know what you think if you get it! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That title reminds me of that movie "The Man from Earth".. I would love to read a review though when you are done reading it.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No, sorry
    newtocooking

Answer by newtocooking at 4:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No, sorry. Hope you find someone who has!
    KelliW29

Answer by KelliW29 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

--------

Thanks, I hope so too, but I may just pick it up sometime anyway. It sounds like it would be a good read. I just wondered if there was a similar book that was better.
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I enjoyed reading that perspective....

-----

Me too! I've been to this site (in the link below) many times, that's what made me think to look for a book with other parallel sayings. I think it would be really interesting to read, and sounds very positive in general.

The Parallels Sayings of Jesus and Buddha
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010