Any good space saving ideas for an out of town trip? W/O using the trunk.

Im having a problem trying to figure what to pack for a week out of town, for a family of 5 one of them being an infant. We need to pack as little as possible, cuz were bringing presents back, and i have a pontiac grand am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Travel

• It depends on where you're going. Are you going to a cold or warm weather climate? Cold weather climate should include coats, gloves/mittens, hats, long johns, sweaters. Warm weather should include tanks, short sleeve shirts, shorts, light pants, hats.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you are somewhere that you can do a few loads of laundry that will dramatically reduce the clothing you need. If you can do laundry then you can get by with two or three outfits and jammies for everyone. And don't forget any medicines you may need, or a thermometer etc, that you might need in the middle of the night. You could always buy a pack of diapers when you get there, or a canister of formula so you reduce what you have to transport.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Were going to california LA area coming from arizona. I cant really use the trunk at all because it will be filled with gifts on the ride home.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Soft sided roof thing. I have one for my van. It straps on top of the roof, but isn't hard sided (or cost an arm and a leg.) I always store stuff that doesn't need to be accessed along the way. We go to LA from Denver every summer - all the beach and pool stuff goes up top.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would mail whatever doesn't fit in the trunk for the way home. I would ship it the cheapest, slowest way possible.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• UPS.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 8:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2010