Relationship question

Is it normal for me n my bf to never argue or fight, we have been together for 9 months, and we r still so "in love" we have lived together for about 5~6 months and seem 2 blend perfectly. we tell each other everything, and do almost everything together. We r so young, 24 and 26... I know that most if not all couples have fights, and argue, what does it mean that we don't? could there b anything we r missing? sometimes I wish we would have an argument, just to make me feel better..

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 4:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Not that is great but make sure that you know how to discuss things that really matter instead of fight.

My SO and I are like that. We dont' fight and we know how to discuss issues constructively.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Enjoy it.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• U r in the honeymoon stage of a new relationship. The fights will come. Enjoy the calmness before the storm. So to speak.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I was with my ex for 4 years and we didnt argue/fight for our first 2 1/2 years. We got along great and when things went wrong we just talked instead of argue
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My husband and I have hardly ever fought. Even when we have it is short lived. We are both very forgiving and honest with each other. It is a scary feeling to not know how the first argument will go but you may have a great relationship that works without much argument
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it is normal, my DH and I don't fight very much, we have been married 13 years and together for 16 years, I think in all that time we have had maybe 3 fights. That is not to say that we don't get annoyed with each other or upset, we have just learned how to talk things out. Also, we both have great friends that we can talk to. I think sometimes we don't fight because we have our friends. If he does something that I am totally annoyed by I might talk to a friend of mine and realize she has the same problem I do. We end up venting about our husbands and the laughing about it. By the time I get home I feel much better and I am less annoyed.

I think it is great that you don't fight, just remember to be honest with each other.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We never fight. We also do everything together. We have been together for 8 years and have never had a "fight". We have disagreements that we talk out but have never raised our voices to each other. It is awesome.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Be careful what you wish for. There are relationships where couples do not argue. They have discussion, but never argue..and I'm in that type of marriage with my husband...we do not argue ~ yell, holler, scream, throw insults, etc. at one another. We do discuss issues that may affect us, etc....don't look for an arguement, just to have one, instead focus your attention on what the two of you have today...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have been with my partner for over 3 years and living together for only 2 weeks short of that. We don't fight. We talk. He has an issue with me- I listen (CALMLY). I don't get defensive. I don't pull out things like "Oh yeah? Well it bugs me when you...!" and he does the same thing when I tell him that something is bothering me.

Example.

"Babe, could you start sweeping around the litter box when you clean it out? Litter is getting everywhere and its really gross to walk on. "

"Yeah, I'm sorry I've been half-assing it."

End.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:43 PM on Dec. 21, 2010