At what age do you think it is ok to let a child play alone in their room?

for a few mins.

momangel05

Asked by momangel05 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ANY AGE. My girls' room is designed for them. They have a doll areas to play house, they have their tv to watch DVDs, and a basket for dress up. If anyplace in the house for them to be by themselves its their own room
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Well my girls have been playing in thier room alone (well together) for about 6 months now. My oldest is 3 and my youngest will be 2 next month. But they usually play for about 30 minutes before they come out and talk to me about what they are playing. They go between thier room, the living room, and the kitchen all through out the day, As far as totally alone, I am sorry- can't help you there
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My daughter is 2 today and she plays in her room for about 15 mins. by herself. I don't have a gate up and I don't shut the door...she just likes playing in there. I love it!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have an issue with the door at my house. I am almost tempted to take it off. I still need to hear them.. Its difficult to mediate when I can not hear what happened. Mine are also 2 and 3, and have been playing in their room for about the same
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I am thinking that SS was about 2 or so when we let him play alone. We checked on him every ten minutes or so. He would either come to us, or we would go to him if he was involved in something. Only twice did we have problems. Once, he threw a ball up and it mananged to knock his Desitin off the shelf and he decided to smear it all over the carpet. Then the second time, I caught him chewing on the cord to his lamp. He was perched up on the headboard of his bed and had pulled the cord down from the shelf and was eating it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• my kids play on there on since they could walk,they play together and by themselves,just check every 5mins and wlk away,they need there space need to explore things alone sometimes and they do come out when there ready
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 4:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have always let my kids play alone if they wanted to, no matter what the age. It builds confidence and imagination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I was playing alone when I was probably two years old...or maybe younger, probably as soon as I could walk. I kinda agree with the anon above, I think it builds confidence and imagination. I had a wild one, lemme tell ya xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• 2 or 3 As long as you know they wont put ANYTHING IN THEIR MOUTH. I believe 2-3 is safe, but keep the door open and constantly call out their name and ask them things that they need to give you an answer for. Periodically walk by. OR ask them to bring you a toy, book, t-shirt, put them all back and so on.
    chellenout

Answer by chellenout at 10:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• from about 18 months my DD likes to go play in her room alone for a little while, plus she sleeps with her door closed so sometimes she'll get up and play alone in her room in the morning until I come and get her. Her room is completely child proofed and a totally safe area so I don't worry about it.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:57 AM on Nov. 9, 2008