I am 20 weeks now and have not gained any weight during my pregnancy. I eat all the time. Is this normal?

stephie9683

Asked by stephie9683 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't gain weight for months and many women lose weight for the first few months. I wouldn't worry if your doctor check ups are going well.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Its normal for the first trimester to not gain any weight, but in the second trimester, if you are at a normal weight to begin with you should be gaining 1-2 pounds a week, the third trimester you should gain .5-1 pounds a week. Its more if you are underweight, less if you are overweight. I think by 20 weeks you should have gained some weight, ask your doctor at your next appointment.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I didn't gain a pound I actually lost 15lbs throughout my whole pregnancy and my baby was almost nine pounds. Long as you eating like you suppose to don't worry.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am 37 weeks with twins and have only gained 14 pounds and eat almost everything insight lol. Yes i do think this is normal for you not to gain weight also. Good luck on your baby!!

hollymiller

Answer by hollymiller at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• As long as the baby is gaining weight and you are not losing so much that it not effecting your pregnancy then it is fine.
    I did not gain weight the first 5months but my baby did . Through my whole pregnancy I gain about 10 pounds but had a 7lb 5 oz boy .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I actually lossed weight during my pregnacy until the eight month. Than I gain 15 pounds and it all came off within about 3 weeks after having my son.
    My son weighted 8lb 9oz.

The whole time my doctor said eveything was fine.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2010