Juice & Rice Cereal ???

When did you start feeding your baby rice cereal? When did you start giving them diluted juice? Just curious when other moms did it. I don't want to know when a pediatrician says to and I definitely don't want bashing to anyone. I just want to know when everyone did it.

DessaG20

Asked by DessaG20 at 3:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My girl wouldn't eat rice cereal until 5-6 months old. Juice at about 10 months.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• We started cereal the day she turned 4 months. She is nine months next week and although i have juice in the house, she has not had any yet.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Cereal? Never. Not needed. Mashed banana is cheaper and tastier and babies don't refject it the way they can with cereal. Did that at six months. Did juice at four months but would never do it again...it's merely sugar water. Save the juice for yourself. Baby doesn't need it.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• 3 1/2 to 4 months
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 5:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Rice cereal at 4 months and watered down juice one year.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 7:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Cereal and juice, i started with my oldest at 5 mos, because I was uninformed. My youngest hasn't had juice yet, or baby cereal for that matter. He's 15 mos, and drinks breast milk and water, and eats anything and everything. He started solids (veggies) around 8 months.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• rice at 4 months (but took about a month to really get the hang of how to eat) then juice at 6 months only in the sippy. It took about a month to get used to the sippy.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Look at what other moms did. Also look at the tons of recent research on what is best for babies. A lot of great info here http://kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html
    "There has been a large amount of research on this in the recent past, and most health organizations have updated their recommendations to agree with current research. Unfortunately, many health care providers are not up to date in what they're telling parents, and many, many books are not up to date."
    Research suggests lots of benefits if you wait until at LEAST 6 months of age. Decreased risks of obesity later in life, allergies and more.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Rice cereal in a bottle at 3 months. Rice cereal w/ fruit in a bowl 5 months. No juice, not good for their teeth .Water is Great for them and their teeth:)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 1:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Do NOT put rice cereal in the bottle!
    Anonymous