how old was your baby when you let them sleep on their belly???

I have a 1 month old and he sleeps much better on his belly then on his back. What age is it okay to let them sleep on their belly during the night??? I will only let him sleep on his belly during the day while he naps so that I can keep going to check on him.

blkmom2

Asked by blkmom2 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let mine sleep on their belly when they could roll that way themselves. So around 3-4 months I guess.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• From birth. She's 3 now. She would never sleep on her back. I kept a fan running to move the air around and she slept in the bassinet next to me until around 5 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Not until he rolled onto it voluntarily and would roll back and forth. I would never place him that way... way too dangerous, even during the day.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• When he could roll that way himself.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Both slept on their belly from day one. No matter how many times I would switch them around they would flip right back over. Their doctor said it was fine as long as there wasn't anything near their face
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Good question...I'm not sure. I know it was afr a month but it was on his terms. I always lay him on his back though...Hmmm lol I can't believe I don't remember when
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 4:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• With my first she was a little of a month. Her Dr said as long as she could move her head around and lift it. She was just fine. My second was when she was rolling and so far my third only does when she is laying on our chest. You need to do what is best for you and you comfortable with.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• LOL, when my oldest was born you did sleep them on their belly's. It wasn't until my second child was born that they said to sleep them on their backs. I had one of those wedge things that helped keep them on their sides, this seemed to work for my kids. I think it is hard to say exactly when. I know now a days they say don't let them sleep in their belly's until they can roll over themselves.

I think as parents sometimes we have to go with our guts and do what we think is best.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• When she could roll herself. 6 months I think. Yes all babies sleep better on their belly but it's a huge SIDS risk. They can't lift their head yet.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Once they can roll that way themselves
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2010