Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

PLEASE , I need some help with this .

I've been wanting to work from home on my computer  ,  Doing survery's .  But before i start to look into it  ,  I was wondering  ---------  Do you have to pay Taxes at the end of the year  ?   Even if they are paying you with a check or through  PAYPAL  ....   Also  ,  I heard that if you make over  $600  in one year  , then they tax you  ,  is that true  ?   Do they send  you a form to sign for tax purposes   ?    I'm kinda curious  ,  Can someone Help me .  ?    Thank You  ..    

I forgot to mention  ,  Someone told me that  I don't have to report what I made  . Is that true or not ?  Can i get into trouble for not reporting it  ....   ?  

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (7)
  • They may issue you a 1099 if you make more than $600 and you'll have to pay tax on that money.

    IMO, you don't need to worry 'cause i can't imagine you'll be making $600/year doing surveys on the internet.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 4:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • Thank you , UPSHERISES -------- for your answer .

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • A REPUTABLE company will have you fill out a W-9 for their records, and will issue you a 1099 at the end of the year. A firm that doesn't ask that might never issue you any payment either.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • Thank you  ,   (  gdiamante )  for your answer  .    Knowing my Mom claims me , cause i'm not working at the time ,  will she be able to claim me  and will she have to pay the taxes from my survey companies  ?    If i was to do this ... 


    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • I believe you do need to file a 1099 if it's over $600.00. Have you ever thought about working from home to make some extra money? I work from home and I love it! Our Team is looking for Motivated Moms who are looking to make additional income or replace income! We are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It’s an enjoyable and flexible home business.

    Erika- Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms, Helping Moms
    Work from Home since 1999!

    I’d be happy to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

    Visit my website:
    Get to know our team on Facebook:

    Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 9:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

  • The ones that I have done, such as eHow, tell you when registering that you will receive a 1099 at the end of the year. Last year I did. I did not for eBay. H & R Block will give you information as to all your questions if you pick up the phone and call them. They also have free booklets and things if you need to keep track of deductions.

    Answer by m-avi at 12:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

  • Yes, you would have to file that as income. I thought the minimum was $300 unless that has changed.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.