HELP MOMS I NEED RECOMNADTIONS!!

OK so since i am having twins and their my first i was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on things such as Diapers Bottles Pacifiers Good strollers( i have a double car seat stroller) clothes swings Anything else you loved or didn't like would be greatly appreciated Thank you so much. Also for a baby update i just got back from the doctor a little while ago and my baby girl and baby boy so far are looking great!! I am crossing my fingers hoping that my little angels wont come soon and will be full term babies!!

hollymiller

Asked by hollymiller at 4:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Buy in BULK. Either from sams club or costco or even Diapers.com.
    How far along are you?
    Start buying diapers and wipes now
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It has been so long since I had babies I am not sure I can help you. Good Luck with everything and I will pray that all goes well.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Congratulations! As far as diapers, you'll get different opinions from everyone, but I much prefer Huggies- WAY fewer leaks! If you decide to use pacifiers, I like the Nuk ones- they go up to 18 month sizes, if I remember right. Also, before your little ones are born, make sure you have some infant gas drops; those things are wonderful, wonderful lifesavers. Hugs, doll!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Babies don't *need* much, most "gear" if for moms.
    Depends on how much stuff YOU want, really...
    Most gear was unused by me. (No baby swings or cribs, or strollers--most of the time.)

I would look into things like cloth diapers, slings, carriers, breastfeeding encouragement, etc.

Will you have postpartum help?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Boppy pillow,Bumbo,Dr brown or vent aire by Playtex both are nice bottles,for diapers Pampers work best for us.Congrats on your lo's :) good luck
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Congratulations how clever are you with twins on the way! Advent bottles were my prefence of choice for my babies. So I could keep up my exercise I had a sports stroller. My children were two years apart I bought a second hand one from the trading post and it was fabulous.
    taylorlea

Answer by taylorlea at 4:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have hopefully 18 days left! And yes i will have help my sister is moving in my apartment for awhile since I'm only 18 and my mother passed 4 years ago. I already have their nursery set up but am so paranoid that i don't have all the right stuff. Thank you so much  for all the advice!

hollymiller

Comment by hollymiller (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I use Target diapers and wipes, they work well and are much cheaper than name brands, if you sign up with them you can get coupons in the mail for lots of their baby stuff. And don't be afraid to buy gently used baby clothes- they go thru them so quickly and half the time they end up getting stained or ruined from a diaper blow out or food stains so it is really cost effective and there's a lot of nice stuff to be found at resale shops. Otherwise, a lot of things have bells and whistles you don't need. You need a swing to swing and maybe have a few toys overhead, but it doesn't have to play 12 songs and all that, same with bouncy seats, etc. The boppy pillows are helpful because you can rest the babies on those when you can't hold both of them- just don't leave them unattended on the pillow. Best of luck to you, here's a bump and maybe some Mommies of twins will have more for you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Burp cloth , bibs, onesies, recieving blankets , diapers, wipes, baby soap, lotion, Boppy pillow, these are just some things .
    If you are not breast feeding then formula , bottles, bottle brush , and nipples. I would get an glass container to mix the formula in .
    Breastfeeding get a nursing bras, pads (in case you leak ) , breast pump

There is so much that you might think you are going to need but not really get alot of sleep and rest now ,
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Register with all the diaper and formula companies via their websites! You will get "checks" and coupons in the mail and trust me, they come in very helpful. Similac sends out Formula Samples (1 full size can) and usually for the first few months also checks for $11.00 or $5.00 which are entered at your local store as a coupon. It makes a 23.00 can of formula 12.00. Also depending on your income I would register for WIC (if it is offered in your state) as they will provide vouchers for formula, milk, cheese etc which will help you and the babies. It is a program designed just for mothers and babies! Use it if you qualify!
    Mom2Anarya

Answer by Mom2Anarya at 8:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010