seriously?

when my neighbor came over and saw a t.v in my daughters room with cable she freaked out and told me i was crazy and that wasn't safe
wtf never ever heard of nothing like this before
there 6 and 8 and she told that that wasn't appropriate

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Tell her to mind her own business.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would have told her to mind her own f'ing business. They aren't my kids. Granted I wouldn't do it but still its not my business what other people do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• People have different views on parenting, just tell her politely that you have your opinion and she has hers.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would have told her to mind her damn business. They are YOUR kids not hers.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You have never heard that many parents don't like putting TV in thier kids rooms?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• This is a day and age where many kids have TV with cable and DVD players in their bedrooms. Some kids as young as toddler years. Who is she to say what is right for someone else? You know what they say about opinions and everyone having one...

SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 4:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would tell her to mind her own business. Everyone parents differently and while some people think it is okay for TV's other people don't. I don't think it makes either a better parent or a worse parent, it just makes you who you are.

I would not worry about it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Children should not be allowed to make television watching and channel selectin choices at that age. Hopefully channels are blocked and time watching is monitored.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with this, tell her to mind her own business.

Answer by older at 4:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would never put a TV in my elementary school child's bedroom. I want my son to play with toys, not watch TV.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010