If someone else's mail gets sent to your house, do you go out of your way to make sure they get it?

Or do you just toss it, or throw it back in the mail box.

airmanswifey02

Asked by airmanswifey02 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Throw it back in the mail box becuase the person mail I get is the previous owner and I have no idea where they live
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I try to give it to the right person.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If it is one of my neighbors, I just take it to them. If it is for someone I do not know (or the previous owner) I mark it undeliverable, and put it back in the mailbox.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes I make sure they get it. It is there mail. What if it is something important.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I live in an apartment and if it's another apartment then I'll see if anyone with the name lives there. If not then I write wrong address and put it back in the mailbox. If it's my address, but not my name then I still write wrong address/name and put it back. It almost never happens, but I would hope my neighbors would do the same thing if they got my mail.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We got something that looked important today for someone else it was from bank of America so I ran it to them
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 4:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I write RETURN TO SENDER on it if there is an address, or drop it back off at the post office as I live close by one.

If NO return address is on there, I write, NOT at this address and take it to the post office. Not sure what they do with it.......but remember all those government checks floating out there, no one can be found.......people move, people pass away. They probably just have stacks of bins full of Not at this address mail out there! Where else can they take it?

It's illegal to OPEN mail if not addressed to you!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, I do I have done it numerous times.

Answer by older at 4:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It depends on who it is,I don't have nice neighbors!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Real mail yes. Junk flyers no.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010