How much criticism..if any, do you put up with from your SO?

Does he ever mock you in a "joking manner" that feels belittling..not like a good natured ribbing..we all tease each other in a healthy relationship..or does he ever just out & out insult you? Do you think it's ever ok? What feels ok to you and what doesn't? Examples? I don't know if I even know what a healthy relationship looks like..that's why I'm asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband does not tease me or belittle me to make me feel less than the woman that I am...if he did what good is it to be with him? My husband and I joke about certain things but NOTHING that would hurt the other one's feelings...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My DH has never belittled me in any way ever. I do not think it is okay for anyone to intentionally and maliciously hurt another person even with words.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He called me a fat ass once when I was in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. I told him I could lose weight but his tiny dick wasn't going to grow. Last time I've ever heard something demeaning from him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Me and my husband tease each other on certain things but never in a hurtful manner.. sometimes it irritates me but its more depending on my mood than his comments.. we are very respectful of each other - its not ok to hurt someones feelings.. jokingly its ok to say some things but never hurtful..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I put up with good nature ribbing but anything else no, mine knows better than to do this, but I see this happening quite often from other couples. Not a good thing.

Answer by older at 4:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• we do poke fun at each other but not in mean way and few times it came across rude we were sorry but I don't think there is anything wrong with a little banter. He teases me I can't give directions to save my life and I laugh at his habits.I believe you need a sense of humor but your SO should know what can and can't be mocked,as you should know him enough to know his sore areas
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 4:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no criticism is okay if it is intended to hurt you.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my DH and i may mess around from time to time but we know when it gets to far we put a stop to it... but he wont ever belittle me nor will i ever do the same to him it just shows lack of respect.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have a tendency to remember hurtful things. Don`t we all. but I do my best and if he wants to criticize me i get angry and tell him to take over and do it the way he wants it done. so he knows he shouldn`t say nothing unless he wants to do it. so to answer...no i don`t take criticism unless it`s helpful. that`s rare too.. haha!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yeah it is ok to joke around but not meanly
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010