I just had the weirdest thing happen to me!

I went outside to check the mail and I heard someone yelling for help. So I looked around and saw a boy who looked to be around 10-12 on a roof across the street. I started to walk over there and as I did I saw the ladder lying on the ground. I though he was to young to be on the roof alone so I calmly told him to step back away from the edge and I tried to lift up the ladder but I couldn't because it was to heavy. I knocked on the door but no one awswered. Should have done that to begin with but I wasn't thinking. No one answered so I was starting to get a little nervous. It was starting to rain and I know the roof had to be slippery. I decided to go back across the street and ask my husband to lift the ladder. He did and the boy goes inside the house like it was no big deal. Um ok.........

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• def strange! lol Id talk to his parents and let them know about the incident
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You did something good. And he should have thanked you, but kids can be weird.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• wow, thank goodness you were there
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 5:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am just wondering why the hell he was on the roof to begin with and where his parents are.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Reminds me of a story my hubby has told. He was about 3 and climbed the ladder to the roof of his granny's house because he had seen his dad working up there and wanted to be big like his dad. He got scared and hollered for help, his mom heard him and went up there to get him down. She got scared and they were both on the roof screaming. Finally, my husband's aunt heard them and called my hubby's father at work who came and got both of them off the roof, and then told my MIL she should have known better than to get herself up there.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Kids do crazy things. I don't think he'll do it again. I wouldn't tell his parents but I would talk to him at your next opportunity.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you weren't able to lift the ladder how was he able to, to get up there in the first place.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Kids! I would just mention the incident to his parents. I know they will be happy you were there to help.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have no idea how he got up there.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010