kid (mine is 4 1/2 yrs) knuckle/finger cracking ....

is this fairly common and normal? It happens only on accident. For example at lunch she was gross w/ hummus all over her hands so I was "aggressively" cleaning them and they go POP POP POP w/ not much force at all.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Doesn't sound normal to me. If she is not in any pain ask at her next checkup (if it isn't too far away)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I just tried pulling my 3.5 year old's fingers and they didn't crackle
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My son's knuckles always cracked and my daughters do too. I was told it is not a biog deal but you could talk to your daughter's doctor about it next time you are in the office just to be sure. Good luck.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• My son's do this constantly...doc told me it was nothing to worry about, but you can always call your pedi, just to ease your mind =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:07 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• my one daughters do... the other does not... then again the one that CAN crack her knuckles is double jointed at nearly every "small" joint in her body...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:11 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I haven't noticed my son's knuckles cracking, but that doesn't mean it's uncommon. Just ask the pedi during your next visit.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think its a thing. Ask your Dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2010