State board licenseing exam in mass?

When I was preparing for my exam my teachers told me that They weren't going to test me on haircoloring or relaxers and that I also wasn't going to need a curling iron but in the state board book it says that I am going to be tested on it. I'm going to bring everything just in case but I was just wondering if they do test for color and curling iron. I'm so nervous about it. Wish me luck because it's on monday and I can't wait to get started with my career.

angel_eyez

Asked by angel_eyez at 5:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Yeah- bring it. When they say they are not going to test you- they mean that you actually dye somebody's hair- you just have to show the steps on how to do it with no hair dye- instead you have to use hair cholesterol. does that make sense?
    Oh, and try to bring an extra comb and brush, and hair clips, because it they fall to the floor you can not pick them up until the test is done. (They will fail you if you do). So if something falls, just take out another one. Trust me, I was my mom's model when she went to get her license and she dropped her brush when she was blow drying my hair. She had to finish with her hand because the guy told her not to pick up the brush.
    It's stressful but try to take it easy. Don't get too worked up. Good Luck!
    MinniesMami

Answer by MinniesMami at 12:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• good luck! my instructors always tell me that you get yourself all worked up, but as long as you do what you know, you'll be fine, you'll leave smiling. I'm not done with school here in Michigan until sep. of next year. What school did you go to? I'm going to Regency out here and I love it.
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Bring everything! & relax! Everyone is given a different schedule to follow, but you dont use real hair color as the girl above said. Relax though. The school makes it sound so scary & when I got there, It wasn't bad at all. You're in a room with 9 other girls testing and only 1 person watching all of you. It's not like there is someone watching over your shoulder the entire time like I thought. At least thats how it was here in California when I tested a few years ago. Good Luck!
    LilCsMommy

Answer by LilCsMommy at 10:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008